In general, the norwegian public fishing rules is applicable, and with addition with these local rules.
- Sea-trout is preserved and should be put back in the river alive and careful. Remember to
report it after at www.espedalselva.no . We try to count all sea-trouts caught in the river.
- All catches should be reported same day, online on the webpage, www.espedalselva.no. See seperate guide.
- Scale samples should be taken on all salmon catched, The scale sample should be kept in the envelope provided. And put in the postbox at Helle before leaving.
- Fishing only allowed thursday 00:00 until sunday 23:59 during season.
- Respect the seperate zones. Only fish on the zone you have fishing cards. Any question: contact committee, or the land owner.
- Fishingcard is personal, and for 1 person only(exeption for your kids, see next rule).
- Kids below 16 years can, followed by his parents, fish on the same fishing card for learning purposes. BUT, only 1 fishing rod in the river at all times, and still, the total amount of fish allowed is 2 salmon a day.
- All fishing equipment that can be/has been in contact with water should be disinfected BEFORE you starts fishing. No exceptions!
- Fish thats hooked is not allowed. If you are unlucky, the salmon should be put back into river, anyway. No discussion. If you are getting caught, not following this rule you will be excluded for fishing in the river directly! The fish is defined as “hooked” if the hook is placed behind the gills of the fish.
- Personal limit of 2 salmon, each day, pr person. So if you have 3 fishing cards for the same day, still you are only allowed fishing 2 salmons a day.
- The fishing should be stopped straight after fish no.2 is landed.
- Mobile fishing should be practiced. Maximum 20 minutes from same place and respect fishing from other side of river as well as your fishing colleagues on the same zone.
- In the Espedals-vannet(above the river). Fishing its legal the period of 01 april until 31 may, for fishing char, but no salmon or seatrout in this period.
- Show respect of the landowner. Dont go over cultivated land. Go around, and use tracks when available.
- Dont litter nature. Pick up all equipment. We are happy if you pick up others as well if you find some. Help us keep a clean riverside.
- The river fishing will be closed as soon as the flow down the river comes below 2,3 m3/s. To open up for fishing again, the flow has to rise up to above 2,8 m3/s. See homepage for info.
Last update 2019